Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bank problems and land settlement

Well, settlement for the land is tomorrow, the 9th of April by at least 3:00pm. I'm supposed to be excited, but the bank is making me everything but excited.

I have been ringing up and going down there personally for the past week, and the loan documents are still not ready. We applied for the loan in February, and I believe that's enough time to get everything organised. I know it is not my fault because I have given them everything they have asked for, so it's a problem with the branch, head office, the documents department, or my conveyancer. I am disappointed in all of them to be honest, and they all seem to blame each other.

Anyway, it's 10:30 now, and I have just given them a call (again), and they are not available to speak to at this moment. I'll give it a half hour and I will call again.

The documents MUST be signed today at the very least in time for settlement tomorrow. My BF has to finish work early to get to the bank by at least 4:00pm, so the documents can be faxed off to head office in Queensland, and then must be processed TODAY so we can organise settlement. IF this does not happen, I will be charged penalty interest at 16%pa, which is $71 a day. And I refuse to pay this money because all this delay is not my fault.

Oh, and I nearly had a heart attack yesterday when I was told of the interest rate. I thought my conveyancer meant 16% per day, which is about $20,000 - I was almost in tears.

It's going to be a long day...

No comments:

Post a Comment