Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Soil report results are in

My Sales Consultant emailed me the soil report, and it could have been better. Out of the 5 boreholes, all of them contained rock. The rock in boreholes 1, 2 and 3 was found really deep within the ground that it won't affect the slab, BUT boreholes 4 and 5 contained rock closer to the surface. This means we are going to have to pay additional costs for rock removal. And we won't know the amount we'll have to pay until we have our contracts, and we won't know the exact amount until they make the slab. After much excitement to see those little mounds of dirt on our land, my mood has now changed. I think I was in denial hoping that no rock will be found. Now I'm back on planet Earth, and realise that building a house comes with many, many hidden costs and complications.

No comments:

Post a Comment